(At Least) Six Ways to Increase Comments on Your Blog!
Are you not getting any comments on your posts, even though Google Analytics indicates that you’re getting a decent amount of traffic?
Here’s some ways to get your readers reponding to your posts.
- Make sure you’re writing about what will be of interest to your readers. I know this sounds simple, but when you are writing posts to your blog, you should be thinking of your audience and what they are interested in. What are some questions that you think they would want answers to? Try to put yourself in their shoes, for a minute. If they’re not interested in your post, chances are they won’t bother responding.
- Post often in your blog. If you post often in your blog, it will do wonders for readers checking back in to your blog. They will come to expect posts from you on a regular basis, and if you disappoint them they will quickly lose interest.
- Ask questions that beg to be answered. You don’t have to answer everything. It’s okay to leave something up for discussion. Think lines like: “What would you do?”, or “How would you handle this situation?”. If they have a strong opinion or know the answer, they will be more likely to jump in.
- Make it easy to comment on your blog. Maybe your comments section requires too much information to be typed in before a comment can be left. Maybe you should rethink that. Some people just don’t want to go to that much trouble.
- Respond to comments graciously. Check your dashboard often and approve comments quickly after they are left. Also, your readers love it when you respond to their comments and know you stay in touch.
- Read others’ blogs and leave comments. You can learn a great deal by reading other bloggers’ posts, but be sure you really read the post before you leave a comment. Also, leave a meaningful comment about the content of the post, not a throwaway comment like “Great post!”. Leaving comments on other blogs invites others to take a look at your blog, and can also create backlinks to your own blog. It’s also a great way to make some new friends in the same niche.
When you start attracting a decent amount of comments on your blog, it will tend to influence more of your readers to do the same, especially if you reply to their comments. Sometimes you can get a really nice dialogue going in your comments section.